Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My weekend

The weather was very nice over the weekend. I spent two days in a dressed that I dyed with onion skins. I loved the way muddy boots look with a frilly dress. Just thought I'd share.
I planted two hanging baskets of strawberries over the weekend and they're doing very well. They are sending out a whole handful of runners and I'm hoping to have a nice patch for next year. I also got the rest of the potatoes and the broccoli planted as well as half the green house. I know we are a bit late but I figure better that then never.
I tried a new bread recipe this week. Its No knead whole wheat bread and I have to say that I was sceptical. I love to knead bread and I thought it would not be the same but I really liked it. It makes a really nice bread with large bubbles and an almost gummy textured that dose not crumb easily. I think it would be really toasted on a grill pan with brochette or in an onion soup. I'm going to make it again next week with roasted sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment