Saturday, June 12, 2010

Picking


Un-known to us one of the fruit trees off to one side of the property is an early cherry. Matt was scything the grass around the small greenhouse and noticed that one of the trees was covered with ripe peach coloured cherries. We went out and started picking. Matt and I took turns sitting with Liam while the other picked. We sat under the tree nursing and watched the geese circle around us eating the tall grass in-between naps. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the cherries we picked. I'm think about making a pie or crisp, or maybe just freezing them all for the cold winter when a cherry tart would make me smile.Whatever I deicide to do with them I have a feeling that I'm going to get very good at pitting them. We have at least another basket worth of cherries that are not ripe yet from this tree and two more trees that look like they are going to ripen a bit later.



No comments:

Post a Comment